What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not The N. mac "Daddy"

Hiya Fellow CP'ers

Recently I purchased what I thought was a N. macrophylla, but looking at its newest pitcher, it is obviously not.

I have contacted the person who sold me this plant, but he has not yet responded. I believe he had sold me this plant on good faith, but it unfortunately is one of those neps that needed some growing out to truly verify its species.

Accoriding to this person, he got it from Andreas Wistuba about 3-4 years ago as a N. macrophylla, but it had no clone ID, the diameter of the plant is about the plant is about 5-6" and the pitcher in the pic is 2" tall including lid.

I've already asked some other members here, but just wanted to know what the rest of you folks thought.

Here are some pics:

dsc01438sb.jpg

dsc01437kr.jpg

dsc01443s.jpg

dsc01444j.jpg

Any guesses, info, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all those who respond :hail:

Good Growing,
E

I'm no nep expert.... at all, but it looks like a mac to me, just looks like it's missing the awsome "teeth"

Looks like a x Trusmadiensis, a rare and sought out cross between lowii and macrophylla.

Trusmadiensis is rarer than macrophylla AFAIK, that's a sweet plant. It is a x Trusmadiensis mostly because the plant has a striped peristome, and the pitchers have a lowii shape. Are they woody like lowii's?

Lol as i said before when you asked, i still believe its an xTM. the leafshape doesnt fit a macrophylla at all. too much lowii influence there.

Macrophylla also gets a pretty tough pitcher, Clue

well, I guess I was completely wrong! :p lol

Hiya Clue-

Never felt up a lowii before so I have no clue (pardon the pun) if its as woody as a lowii.

Hiya SK-

Just wanted to see what other fellow CP'ers had to say.

Keep the suggestions a comin everyone, and thanks!!

E

No Nep expert myself either but I'd say x Trusmadiensis as well.
Whatever it is, it's going to grow up to be a real beauty!

Well, I guess that the outcome wasn't so bad after all.

Well, I guess that the outcome wasn't so bad after all.

I guess, but that means I sill hafta find me a N. mac (a real one) and the missus is starting to give me the "evil eye" in regards to my CP spending and space :-(

E

Back