What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Sarracenia ID please

I have several that I need IDs on if possible. I lost the tags and now that they are sending up some pitchers, it would be useful to get a new tag on them. These are form my personal collection and I have had them for years, and you would think I could ID them positively myself, but I want to be sure. I have ideas, but I certainly don't want to mislabel them, so I appreciate any help. They aren't going to be anything rare or expensive, because back then when I was collecting these I was buying cheap ones, not rare ones. Thanks!

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

1 is a minor or minor hybrid (lets see em when they open, i am leaning twords minor)
2 appears to be a leuco
3 a flava
and 4 an xMoorei

This is what they look like to me; the pitchers are just underdeveloped enough that it's hard to be 100%:

Are any of them hybrids?

1. S. minor
2. S. leucophyla (if the flowers look like this, though, it's a S. leucophylla 'Tarnok')
3. S. flava
4. S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek'

Veronis, there is no way #4 is a hurricane creek white
#2 also no way for it to be a rubra, the lid and mouth is all wrong and perfectly or near perfectly fits flava or a hybrid with flava dominance.

and 4 an xMoorei

Could be that, too.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Veronis, there is no way #4 is a hurricane creek white
#2 also no way for it to be a rubra, the lid and mouth is all wrong and perfectly or near perfectly fits flava or a hybrid with flava dominance.

#3 was a mistake - I meant flava but I was looking at rubra pictures in another tab. I edited it before your reply.

Regarding #4, you may be right but why couldn't it be Hurricane Creek?

Not nearly enough white for HCW. It's a leuco hybrid, maybe Judith Hindle, or a similar cross.

most likely a judith hindle then. These are plants that I've had forever and never really paid attention to. I would have bought the cheapest most common ones, and judith hindle fits that description. I have all of those mentioned above as well, but they are small and just waking up from dormancy, and honestly, so many sarracenia look so much alike that it is hard to tell. But this helps, thanks guys!

Number 4 is most likely NOT a judith hindle
It looks nothing like one!

Back2eight: 1) is a minor or a minor hybid like my minor x alata.

DSC06869.jpg

2) possible Leucophylla (since spring is just starting they will most likely not put its best pitchers.
3) Flava. Maybe cuprea. on the left pitcher I see brownish color. Am I correct?
4) agree with SirKristoff

Back2eight,

I am not much on I.D.'ing Sarrs....
But I really like #3... and #4 too! Nice looking plants. ;)
Common and inexpensive is how my collection proceeds too! ;)
Even now! ;) Its the only way!
Haven't heard from you in a while...PM me sometime if you like and have the time. ;)

Paul

okay, thanks guys! I'm sure 1. is MINOR, as I've got others that are labeled that are opening pitchers and they look the same. 2. is not Tarnok I don't think, because the other tarnoks that I have are not showing any red. I would lean more towards 4. being the tarnok, but you guys think it looks more like a moorei?? I have those as well, but the problem is that they are still so small and these 4 plants are mature so I'm having a hard time placing them. Also, 3 doesnt' look all the way like a flava to me, so perhaps a flava mix?

Well for 3) maybe if you could provide more pictures or better pictures that way we could have a better guess. To be more accurate more detail pictures are needed. We are just assuming based on one picture.

Back