What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'dew and neps help

thez_yo

instigator
P7080054.jpg

nep1 (to see if it's pure platy):
P6250033.jpg

P6250034.jpg

P6250035.jpg

P6250036.jpg

P6250037.jpg

P6250038.jpg

P6250039.jpg

P6250040.jpg

P6250041.jpg

noid 1 (is it sang orange?):
P6250042.jpg

P6250043.jpg

noid 2 (vent red? based on the vendor):
P6250045.jpg

P6250044.jpg

noid 3 (copelandii? has huge lids...):
P6250046.jpg

P6250047.jpg

P6250048.jpg

noid 4 (sang red?):
P6250049.jpg

P6250050.jpg

The dew appears to be a burmannii or one of the closely related species
the first nep looks like a fusca of some kind, possibly the flared peristome variety, can i get a look at the leaf tips? possibly fusca x veitchii
noID1 is a sang
noID2 is a ventricosa, let it get some size, but i am pretty positive it is a ventricosa
noID3&4 also look like sanguinea judging by leaf shape and attachment, the lids look similar to my sang when it was that size, all nice plants

Sundew is D. burmanni but idk about the neps.

The dew looks like a burmanni and nep2 looks like a ventricosa.

Thanks...thought so on that dew, but I don't know that much about dews. I really hope what I paid for on that "platychila" isn't actually a platychilaXfusca...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

the first nep looks like a fusca of some kind, possibly the flared peristome variety, can i get a look at the leaf tips? possibly fusca x veitchii

There is a pic, the second one down for it, that has the leaf tip. It's dark already today so maybe tomorrow I can grab another pic if I get home before sun down if you'd need more.

i would really lean to plat x fusca, im not a platy expert at all, but the plant has something that just yells that it has fusca parentage....it could just be a young platty, i completely missed acouple of the photos, must not had loaded completely, the lid of the current pitcher definitely indicates that its not a fusca, but still very well may be a hybrid with platy.

hey zuz. im sorry but i think you might have a platy x fusca as well. i wouldnt blame tony but rather his suppliers for their laxness when it comes to species purity. (you can roast me alive now because i made a strong statement without support)

but that being said, i got a platy from Tony as well, and im inclined to think that it's the real thing. you've seen the pitchers and they are much less tubular than your "platy". i've also noticed a difference at the base of the leaves. mine are very close together almost like burbidgeae, but yours is more open.
RSCN3457.jpg

i guess it's really the luck of the draw. ???

hey amph, also take in account that there is a size difference between your plants....its hard to compare plants when they are different sizes since they can be totally different in appearance...

hey zuz. im sorry but i think you might have a platy x fusca as well. i wouldnt blame tony but rather his suppliers for their laxness when it comes to species purity. (you can roast me alive now because i made a strong statement without support)

but that being said, i got a platy from Tony as well, and im inclined to think that it's the real thing. you've seen the pitchers and they are much less tubular than your "platy". i've also noticed a difference at the base of the leaves. mine are very close together almost like burbidgeae, but yours is more open.
i guess it's really the luck of the draw. ???

Mine's not from Tony...it's from that place that is horrible and shall not be named.

I guess I'll grow it out and hope for the best. I've got some other junk = hybrids (oh, I'm feeling like stoking the flames tonight) growing in with the species anyway. It's about 15" from leaf tip to leaf tip, excluding tendrils. Fuzzy as heck though.

hey amph, also take in account that there is a size difference between your plants....its hard to compare plants when they are different sizes since they can be totally different in appearance...

very true.

here's a leaf tip - sorry it's got brown spots, but it's still the right shape...
P7090016.jpg

looks like its supposed to for a platy AFIK, even if it is the fusca hybrid, its got gorgeous uppers...

Back