What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Unknown Nep..

Another save from the brink of death... I bought another Nep today from my local garden centre today, when going to pick up a soil mix to seperate and repot a capensis alba, it had about five dead pitchers attached and a general look of abuse so I managed to get the price down to 4 pounds. It looks like it could be a N. Sanguinea to me but I'm nowhere near an expert so I'll let you guys have a look, thanks for any help :D

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

Can't see the photos :/ I've never seen a sanguinia in a GC before- it's usually either X Ventrata or X Hookeriana. Although, can't say for sure without seeing the photo :D

Im trying to figure out why they haven't appeared, my inability to post images is killing me!

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

At last! It seems Photobucket is more forgiving than Flickr...

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMO, it just looks like one of the new red neps you see quite often now, but maybe just bigger. It's probably just lost the red colour due to becoming more mature or poor lighting :/ Not sure what plant it is though. Also, glad to see Cambridge got some rain!

N. Black knight.. I have one :) Leaves are red then turn green...

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with the find then, not the usual Nep found over here... @MH1 Yeh we're getting pretty soaked! It's still going which is good for the garden etc apart from i forgot to take the washing in -.-

I have that nep from a GC too, just smaller. Interesting to see what it's like when it's older. There was a discussion on CPUK a while ago as to what it was. We settled on 'black night' or 'black beauty' after a while. The colour isn't as red as the younger ones, obviously. Shame.
It's being raining up north for 3 days - truly grim up north :/ . Still, been relatively dry for us anyway, excess- flow rivers that are always running have dried and the sphagnum moss on the moor-tops have gone crispy. It's been back to normal rain for the past month, but still hasn't quite quenched the backlog. Just hope this spell improves things. Cambridge is officially in drought now, isn't it?

It's great that you have natural shagnum moss, even if it is recovering! I wouldn't know where to start looking around here.. Yehh i think so, winter was dryyy so this rain is a bit of a blessing, although having just got back from holiday in Egypt last week its quite a change!

I would be pretty surprised if you could find any round Cambridge! Closest place is probably the New Forest. I always hate the shock of returning home- every time you get back it seems to rain.
Sphag isn't really hard to come by here- I'm under the Dales. Walk for five minutes up a hill and it's there. ???

The style of this plant for me is that it stops... then it inflates 4 pitchers...
DSC_0085.jpg

Wow, it looks nice! It'll be fun watching my plant grow up! It's pretty fas growing so far, so might not need to wait too long! :)

Back