Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera Spathulata or not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    I don't have a clear opinion on their ID: to be honest spatulata and Tokaiensis look mightily similar. I'm sure experts with more experience with the genus can tell the difference, but Drosera are represented by only a few species/cultivars in my greenhouse. I'll defer to other opinions.
    A lot of the confusion is a result of many of the "spatulata" in cultivation being tokaiensis. Tokaiensis is also probably one of the more easily grown and very, very fecund/weedy members of the spatulata group. So it tends to be very common. Then others are the forms currently in TC that are sold commercially. Also from what I have seen depending on the growing conditions it may appear more like spatulata or more like rotundifolia on others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Just to help you get your nomenclature correct, its Drosera spatulata, not spathulata. The latter refers to a Nepenthes species. The two Latin terms are often, but erroneously, switched. ;-)
    thanks! I've always thought it was spatulata, but i've seen it spelled the other way and was therefor never sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ lol yeah me too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12