What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macrophylla?

Hi folks,

I've been raising this nep since it was a rootless bud from Wistuba. It was sold to me as a N. macrophylla but recent reports state that a lot of the so called macros from Wistuba turned out to be N x Trusmadiensis. I think it's reached a point where it maybe possible to make a positive ID. Here are photos of the plant:

cp-dec2011-macro001.jpg

cp-dec2011-macro002.jpg

I would welcome any thoughts on what you think the plant is and why you think it is either a macrophylla or xTrusmadiensis.

Looks to me like macro. If you see hairs under the lid then its xTM

Looks just like my macro, Brok.

Looks legitimate to me, people like to spread negative rumours, but they never spread the positive ones or corrections.

Andreas has stated to me, and other people that this issue has be resolved for a long time, and that he has culled out the usurpers. Currently he sales two clones, 'T' and another one. I've seen these a bit larger and they fit with the BE ones.

He's been selling those two clones for a while I believe. So I think you're safe ;)

Looks like macro to me! I got one of the BE ones thats about that big and it has the same shape pitcher and colors too (red pitchers, green front frills):

P8310012.jpg

(some pitchers from a while ago)
P9170035.jpg

PB270009.jpg

And the leaf shape too..not elongated like tm:
PB270010.jpg

PC300027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

The fetching, though mischievous young woman in the elf outfit is right; that's a mac. I've grown dozens of them from seed and the Wistuba story is an old one and long-ago corrected. Here is an example of a young, "typical" N. x trusmadiensis from seed . . .

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis
NTRUS-1.jpg

There is a handful of neps I would find the room for :p

Last edited:
Back