What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Everyone,

Some of my plant tags got messed up because when the sarrs were little I had them in a tabletop bog pot. Of course they grew together. Last fall I tried to separate them and I just wanted to make sure I have the right tag with the right plant as I want to thin down my collection.

The Sarrs I own (according to my grow list are)
Sarracenia alata [/I]'red throat'†
Sarracenia flava rugelli
Sarracenia oreophila
Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea (from Massachussetts stock)
Sarracenia purpurea (heterophyllo)
Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa
Sarracenia psittacina
Sarrancenia x catesbaei (planted 2/09)
Sarracenia jonesii (planted 2/09)
Sarracenia moorei seedling
Sarrancenia purpurea ssp. purpurea x Sarrancenia purpurea ssp venosa ‘Brunswick Beauty’ (planted 2/09)
Sarracenia ‘June Bug’
Sarracenia ‘Judith Hindle’
Sarracenia ‘Scarlet Belle’
Sarracenia leucophylla ‘Hurricane Creek White’
Sarracenia leucophylla ‘Tarnok’
Sarracenia leucophylla
Sarracenia alata - Red/Black (Harrison County, MS) (1 year old from seed)
Sarracenia alabamensis

I've labeled what I think they are given the tags that were in the bog. Most are flowering now as Connecticut has had a mild winter and although they're in a cold garage, they are under lights. They sort of got smooshed by the lights they grew into.

Thanks for your help.

JoAnn
Oreo+2.jpg.html

S. Oreo?

S_+Alata+Red+Throat+1.jpg.html

S. Alata "Red Throat" It doesn't have it's color as it's been under artificial light. I'm showing the shape of the pitcher.

S_+Alata+Red+Throat+3.jpg.html

S. Alata "Red Throat"

S_+Tarnack.jpg.html

S. "Tarnack"

Hope you can help verify the id. Thanks

Everything looks right to me, the S. oreo is next to impossible to tell just from flower in my opinion. The picture of the pitchers of the S. alata "Red Throat" seems to be shaped more like a flava to me but the flower is definitely alata. The final picture is definitely S. leucophylla 'Tarnock'

Looks right to me. It appears though there are pests or something in the S. oreophila pitcher.

Thanks guys. Now I just have to wait for a few more to flower and I'll have all the right labels again. The stuff in the crease of the pitcher of the oreo is just sphagnum detritus or pollen, looks like aphids in the photo though, made me look twice too. I'll have to get the loop out tomorrow, but it blew right off. The hoods got really smashed up as they grew into the light fixture.

Back