1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they sold out...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course... it's okay anyway, I don't have enough space or money for an inermis let alone a x pyriformis, if that is what these actually are.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also some talk that it is inermis x singalana. I also started a thread on proboards http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...y&thread=11060

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously it's too early to tell but I don't think it's that cross.

Keep in mind that cross has already been made:

It would seem that even at a relatively small size the pitchers of that cross display a prominent waistline and some amount of ribbing in the peristome. Not to mention the color is somewhat dark.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I agree, it seems to resemble pyriformis more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think it is very premature to speculate too much about its identity.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Personally, I think it is very premature to speculate too much about its identity.....
    With Nepenthes, it's never too early to speculate.

Also luckily in this case N. inermis has such a distinct morphology that speculation of any kind is made a lot easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I received a response from Dean on the origin of the plants he has been distributing as N. inermis, and this is what he had to add to the discussion: "the locational data is talang mt. around 1300m asl So it seems to reason that talangensis is in the neighborhood. There are more colored ones out there*, it will be a bit until they grow out enough for me to offer them."

* meaning that he has identified other colored/spotted plants among the plants he has raised. (he grew these from seed that was, I presume, sent to him to culture.)

I am more than a little bit excited at the prospect of having a seed grown N. pyriformis now! (not wanting to count the proverbial chicken before it hatcheth, of course, but one can hope) Imagine a plant like the one illustrated in wikipedia:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast