What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Sarrs

Hey all,

I rescued these guys from almost-certain plastic cup fate. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure this one is just purpurea
S6301043.jpg

This one I really like, maybe it's a hybrid? ???
S6301048.jpg

S6301046.jpg

S6301047.jpg

S6301041.jpg

This is most of the plant with the focus on a recent pitcher
S6301044.jpg

An older pitcher (first new one made after I rescued it)
S6301045.jpg

Thanks!

nice plants probably has some minor in them, im starting a sarr rescue for unwanted sarrs if you need to get rid of them lol

First is purpurea....second...could be rubra

First is purpurea....second...could be rubra

My thought as well. Post some more pics when it grows some better pitchers and it should be easier to say.

Yeah I waited til now cuz the original green ones would be impossible to id, maybe later this year I'll post again or next year when they're bigger.

Agreed with rubra for the second. Hood shape/tilt and pitcher veination really strongly resemble rubra to me

Agree with everyone else, looks like you got youself purp and rubra. Nice rescue.

MICKEY: :lol:

Ok rad those were the two I was really hoping for yay! Now just gotta let them grow.

Yep, the first is definitely purpurea, and the second is rubra rubra. These are both commonly found around here at Lowes, and genreally good growers. I find the rubras like to have the growth points only just above the water line when they grow.

Back