What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep id please

• Thread starter lowlow
  • Start date
This plant was purchased about two years ago from SNW. Does anyone have any ideas what this little beauty might be? Thanks :hail:

2b13d22a.jpg
[/IMG]

I really dont know but it looks like you are using the tray method and that really isnt recommended for neps. Oh and vendors arent allowed ;)

Do you have a picture of the pitchers? Otherwise it's pretty hard to ID the plant. :D

I really dont know but it looks like you are using the tray method and that really isnt recommended for neps. Oh and vendors arent allowed ;)

Many of the most experienced growers use the tray method with Nepenthes (Dave Evans, DVG, Big Bella, Brokken, Cthulu, Mass etc.). It works fine when the plants are given a few days to dry out.

Glad to see that plant is still growing well. As was said before me, it's hard to identify the plant as it currently is, but I would suggest you cut those basals off and send them back here. I'll pot them up, etc., and we can see how they turn out.

Last edited:
I actually did away with the trays a couple months ago. Seeing a negative change in all the neps. Smaller pitchers, slower growth, dying LFS.
Trays are going back in today.

My ID attempt is: Nepenthes x Miscellaneous

I have some of my neps on the tray system with no apparant negative effects, though I am still conscious of root airation. I've drilled holes about an inch from the bottom of the pots (on the sides) for some of my larger neps on the tray system to let air in through the bottom of the pots. Most of my neps are on a wick system though, giving them a constant supply of moisture, but assures they are not too wet... If you wanted to know...lol

Back