What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Help Please....

SgtSarracenia

Sgt Sarracenia
Hello all. I have been watching this Drosera grow at the base of a D binata dichotoma for a while now and decided to transplant it into it's own pot. I do not remember who I got the D binata dichotoma from or I would try them first. If anyone can shed some light on what species this is I would greatly appreciate it. As you can tell the flower has not opened yet, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to take a pic anyway. I tried to pick all of the stray plant material from a neighbors tree out of it, but I guess didn't get it all. Any help is appreciated.

Dunknown3_zps88ab4846.jpg

Dunknown2_zps943a7c29.jpg

Dunknown1_zpsd8f6ec00.jpg

Dunknownflower_zps5536dca9.jpg

D. burmannii fo sure

Once the flowers open, you'll be able to tell for sure. D. burmannii will have white to barely pink tinted flowers, while its close relative D. sessilifolia will have pink flowers. Another tip, if this helps at all: D. burmannii often has slightly more elongate and triangular leaves than sessilifolia.

I had looked at pictures of the burmannii, but not the sessifolia. I am pretty sure that it is the sessifolia then. The easiest way to describe it is that the leaves look like the head of the Sloth from "Ice Age". LOL I see what you mean about the burmannii being more triangular. Thanks again.

I stand corrected. It is 100% burmanii, or a hybrid of. I found this pic on ICPS and I am convinced that it is D burmanii. See the sloth heads. :-D

drosera_burmannii.jpg

Back