Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ID for this dionaea please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe mmlr38 can assist us, he got outstanding knowledges about this lil plant and all the cultivars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Yes. But the seeds was not from me, i just make them germinate and grow.
    I am not sure I understand. You had mentioned that you got these seeds from a CZ seller. If that is the case and you grew them from seed- they probably do not fit description of any of the named cultivars as most by description may only be reproduced by vegetative propagation and still be considered a member of that variety. That flytrap may be the offspring of a Sawtooth, or bristletooth or whatever, and it may posess many of the same traits, but if its parents are clone only cultivars- it is its own animal and you can call it whatever you want, but you cant call it by its parents' names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by utricularia View Post
    I am not sure I understand. You had mentioned that you got these seeds from a CZ seller. If that is the case and you grew them from seed- they probably do not fit description of any of the named cultivars as most by description may only be reproduced by vegetative propagation and still be considered a member of that variety. That flytrap may be the offspring of a Sawtooth, or bristletooth or whatever, and it may posess many of the same traits, but if its parents are clone only cultivars- it is its own animal and you can call it whatever you want, but you cant call it by its parents' names.
    True, but the others seedlings i can put a 'name' on them. I mean, i call the plants F5-6 clones but its the perfect replica of akaļ ryu, or green dragon etc even if i know its not. So for this one, i want to know if a plant like this is already on the market.

If not, and considering i can propagate the plant, i have sometin new, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the reply i got today from the vendor:

"Hello, that teeth looks really nice. You should to name it as cultivar.

I am sorry, I cant tell you more about their origin and parents, as the
    seeds was mixed from many of all red plants....

All the best and happy growing."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is likely something similar to it on the market, but as of yet, I haven't seen quite that style of serration. You could very well have a new cultivar there....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    ...You could very well have a new cultivar there....
    I am inclined to agree. The more common dentate plants don't have teeth like that, with congruent big spikes separated by congruent little ones. To my limited knowledge, 'Dentate Traps' and 'Jaws' only have large teeth and 'Sawtooth' has an uneven edge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123