Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NECPS Show 2013 Nep ID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NECPS Show 2013 Nep ID

Hey Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone knew what (or whos Nep) this was at the NECPS show back in September. I didn't get a clear shot of the tag. I've reached out to other NECPS members, but either haven't heard back or they didn't know. I know a number of users here went to the show, so I thought I'd ask.

IMAG4055

IMAG4054

Note: Someone did suggest that it might be an N. sanguinae, but we both thought the tag said something else, so IDK.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leaves on sanguinea are usually sub-peltate, so this is more than likely not that. I would say it's just your everyday hybrid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this may have been the plant marked maxima x alata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing is, that looks nothing like the maxima x. alatas that I've seen. See, e.g., CP Photofinder. http://cpphotofinder.com/nepenthes-x...lata-1334.html

I was just very struck by the speckling that was only on the inside of the top half of the pitcher.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It reminds me of the variety of N. copelandii from Mt. Apo. The lamina shape and attachment look about right (the leaves on N. sanguinea aren't petiolate like the plant pictured) and it seems like it doesn't have true uppers (the compact growth and lack of an infundibular shape) maybe due to stress... can anyone with one of Stew's books confirm if N. copelandii is double-flowered or not?

The developing tendril is hooked, which certainly reminds me of my old N. copelandii Apo. Excuse the shabby and etiolated looking plant from a couple of years ago... but the leaves look about right and the pitchers (especially the lowers) look about right for a plant that like it's grown pretty tough.
    Last edited by Clue; 01-31-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see if the NECPS librarian can bring a copy of the Stewart McPherson book containing the N. copelandii description to the February meeting and get back to you.