What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Ping ID

I was at a local garden center today and brought home a new ping, which has inspired me to see if I can put a name on my other pings, so there are my mystery pings:

1) The one I got today.
20131113_163058.jpg
2) This one has been turning rosy.
20131113_163103.jpg
3) My first ping!
20131113_163117.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2nd pic is almost surely P. x sethos (ehlersiae x moranensis). Not sure on the other 2 but they are probably hybrids of some sort.

2nd pic is almost surely P. x sethos (ehlersiae x moranensis). Not sure on the other 2 but they are probably hybrids of some sort.

It could equally be P. 'Weser' which is also P. ehlersiae × moranensis, the only thing distinguishing the two cultivars are the flowers. Indeed they share the same parentage. Or more likely it could be the so-called "Garden Center Weser" which appears to be a P. ehlersiae × moranensis hybrid with flowers that match neither the P. 'Sethos' nor the P. 'Weser' standards.

The next time I go there I'll be sure to see if any of the #2 are in bloom and get a picture.

Back