Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drosera ID

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drosera ID

Hello! I would appreciate getting an ID for these two Drosera I have. I know the second one is tropical.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tanukimo; 11-15-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: changed picture sizes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures are a bit small, but I think I could hazard a guess to say the first is D. tokaiensis (or x tokaiensis, depending on if it flowers and they're sterile or not). The second may be a spatulata variety, or maybe venusta. I'd need bigger photos o tell.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna say... First is a capillaris, probably x intermedia hybrid. Second could be a spatulata tamlin.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I made the pictures larger. I'm not sure why they were smaller before, especially since they looked fine when I looked at them on my own computer. Thanks for the input! I'm not sure if the first one needs a dormancy or not.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capillaris has a different leaf structure than the plant that was shown, and I have spat Tamlin... not the same.... and by the way, I can't see any pictures at all now, not sure what happened....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than make a new thread, I thought I'd just add another Drosera which I'm not sure about. Is D. capensis 'alba' the only all-white Drosera? If it is, then this is probably that but since it's still young I'm not sure about the leaf structure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The growth pattern is a match for capensis, but to tell if it's alba I'd need to know how much light it's getting. Full sun? If there's not enough light any cape might look alba-ish.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's getting full sun for most of the day in a south-facing window. I haven't seen any red pigment at all since I got it two months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast