What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't have a flower picture...

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
..but could this be a Tarnok?

Extremely difficult to tell a 'Tarnok' from pitcher traits alone (I would recommend not even bothering). Especially since 'Tarnok' was a wild leucophylla to begin with--it will look just like any other leuco. Then factor in differences in lighting/nutrition and other growing conditions and it becomes basically impossible.

Cultivar description does not mention pitcher traits: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Species/v22n4p107_108.html

Here's my giant clonal colony:

You can see all different manner of redness, white lips, red lips, some have more green, etc.

Last edited:
If nothing else, from the neck up, it looks right. I did have a Tarnok in my collection, as well as other pitcher plants. Tag have faded or been lost.

'Tarnok' pitchers are pretty much indistinguishable from your run-of-the-mill S. leucophylla. You'll just have to wait for flowers to be sure.

This is one of my no-location S. leucphylla spring pitchers and the flower from about a month and a half earlier
03570022.jpg

03560013.jpg

I had the same problem, the labels fell off of divisions of 'Tarnok' and regular S. leucphylla. I gave them away telling the recipient that it might be 'Tarnok' and they would know when it flowered.

Last edited:
I'm finding that writing the names in pencil, albeit light compared with Sharpie, stays on the tags.

Back