What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis ?

• Thread starter Nikki630
  • Start date
I found two of these guys growing in my 'hummer's hammerhead' I think they are byblis .. but I need YOU (yes you) to confirm

IMG_20150918_181848982_HDR.jpg

That looks like a Drosera indica complex species to me, possibly Drosera finlaysoniana.

Agreed. And D. finlaysoniana is the most commonly distributed species, so that's likely it.

It is definitely a Drosera indica, I would agree with finlaysoniana on the basis that it and Serpens are the most commonly grown, however serpens has a petiole (which your plant does not), so is ruled out.

Though until it gets older it can be hard to correctly ID this complex as their are so many now (11 in Australia alone, with a few such as aquatica also lacking a petiole), however if you stick with finlaysoniana I doubt anyone would argue.

If you really want an ID you will have to wait till it is older and check the trichomes

My guess is D. indica.

Here are a couple photos that may be helpful for ID as your plant matures, the first is D. indica and the second is Byblis:

21605319965_99c1bc9a7b_z.jpg
[/url]D. indica by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]
21614129701_04d31858b7_z.jpg
[/url]Byblis l. by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
The plant is 100% an Indica complex, it is just about which.

Back