Thread: A few Sarracenia

Knoxville, TN
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

A few Sarracenia

First, thanks to everyone that helped with my last post!

I'm back again with a few more plants that seem to be missing their labels. Most appear to be hybrids, but there might also be a few cultivars/species in the mix.

While I don't know the full story, I know at least some of these were rescued from a construction site in Alabama. That may be relevant in identifying potentially natural hybrids.

Lets start with the purps(/rosea?). I can't seem to keep all of these straight for some reason...

Sarracenia 1: (right below the S. jonesii)

Sarracenia 2:

Sarracenia 3:

Sarracenia 4:

Sarracenia 5: I initially thought this was S. alata, but I am starting to second guess that...

Sarracenia 6: Definitely has some leucophylla in it, judith hindle maybe?

Sarracenia 7: a hybrid that seems to involve s. rubra ssp? and s. leucophylla.

Sarracenia 8: is this an anthocyanin free S. leucophylla?

Sarracenia 9: Sorry for how the pic turned out. The top is white like a leucophylla, the rest looks like a rubra? I can try and get a better shot of it wednesday
    Last edited by bloks1995; 09-28-2015 at 05:21 PM.

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Oakland County, Michigan
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    2-4 look like purpurea (or hybrids thereof)
    Jen- My Grow List:
    "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
    -Bradley Miller-

Greeley, CO, USA
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    None of the plants pictured are hybrids with cultivar names, and with the purpurea complex ID of the various forms is very, very difficult especially without in-season flowers. Most of the plants shown with leuco influence other than the first such, appear to be either some form of x areolata, or leuco x something in the rubra complex. Without flowers, again harder to tell and without known labels you cannot put anything on them other than NOID and possibly location data if you have that for any of them.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.