What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes identification

I have two unidentified nepenthes. I'm at a loss as to what they are, but I have some info that may help.

Nep #1
Bought at Cook's CP. It is a fast growing lowland hybrid. Leaves turn a coppery color for a short while in high light. Came labeled as N. x 'Wrigleyana', but I doubt that's what it is.

N.%20Wrigleyana.jpg

N.%20Wrigleyana%203.jpg

Nep # 2
Bought at a local specialty nursery. Probably a hybrid, also fast grower. No label

Nepenthes.jpg

Nepenthes%202.jpg

Nepenthes%203.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't very good.

Mike
smile.gif

Hey Monkeyman,
That first one actually does kinda look like the wrigley I have....A little hard to tell, but it has a similar growth pattern, and the pitcher has the same coloration. Can you post a close up side-view pic of the pitcher? Mine have a distict outline from the profile....

The second one....the pitcher almost looks like an all green form of N. Distillatoria....but Dist. has more pronounced wings, and an even more bulbus, er, belly?...hmmmm.
confused.gif

Back