Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got some pictures of my new plants uploaded. And I wanted to write a little about them on my webpage, but wanted to make sure I was naming them correctly before I did.
    First I wanted to apologize for having geocities. The links below will take you the page with the pictues

The Butterwort Pinguicula Primulifora

The Pitcher Plant Sarracenia Purpurea

The Sundew Drosera Adelae

The Venus Fly Trap Dionae Muscipula

If one of these is wrong please correct me. (Yeah I kow the butterwort is looking kinda dead, but it has some new growth in the middle.) Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea about the butterwort, but the rest are correct and look healthy! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with your identifications. Obviously the ping is hard to positively identify based on it's current state, but primuliflora is certainly the most commonly seen species in stores and nurseries. To add to your identifications, I'd say the sarr. is Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa (the ssp. is subspecies). Also, the species name should be in lower case (ie. Drosera adelae, not Drosera Adelae). Take care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick response. (I knew I shouldn't have taken chemistry for my science courses. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] ) I learned something new! Well, two things really. (species in lower case and what ssp. means.) Thank you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im guessing you got these at Lowes? Well the butterwort is most likely a P. Primuliflora. Good luck!
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they're from Lowes. The kept them inside in a nicely cooled shaded section near the doors to the garden area. They had some Drosera spatulata as well, but they all looked sickly. I figure if I can keep these alive for a year then I will get me some different varieties that are offered here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im afraid you wont be able to wait another year to get more plants. The fever for them should catch on in a matter of weeks.

Mike
    Lover of Mexican Pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike has made a good point, soon you'll have all you can get at Lowes, then seek out for new cooler plants from pft and such.....as it says in my signiture, carnivorous plants have not only caught bugs, but me to!
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast