Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera capillaris ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My capillaris isn't red yet, but I am starting to see some pinkish reddish in the new leaves it is producing. I have been giving it 120 watts of artificial light during the day and it gets morning and evening sunlight whenever the sun is coming up and going down. I think it is working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this is D. spatulata, based on the stylistic bifurcation, and the distinctive lighter ring visable in the photo on the petals. It is not D. capillaris. D. capillaris has glabarous scapes and the styles are additionally bifurcated.

Color of the rosettes, and indeed, shape of the lamina are not reliable determinators of themselves, there is too much variability within the species.

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

thnak you for your answers! I already thougt this plant is not Drosera capillaris. One more disappointment....

Tomorrow (Saturday), we will have our annual meeting of the GFP (german carnivorous plants society). Maybe i will be lucky and find a Drosera capillaris.

best wishes

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian,

I can easily furnish you with seed of several varieties. Please remind me in another week or so, as I am currently waiting for the D. burkeana seed to mature to share with you.

"Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12