What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.drosera

Hi,

I have a few unidentified.

Is this a venusta. It has a hairy scape

Ack, it loaded when I hit the space bar

anyway-venusta?
venusta.jpg

Spat
unknown3.jpg

another
Pict0001.JPG

nevermind, that should be spaz. My dog, Professor.
here it is
unknown1.jpg

and the last
unknown5.jpg

Sorry they are not clearer. Working on it.

1st 1 does not look like venusta, leaf shape wrong.

The color is not right in the picture as well.  It has striking red tentacles on a what you might call a bronze or tan leaf color.  It is brillant, just brillant. I love English television.

The first is likely a South African, D. aff. dielsiana or D. aff. natalensis most probably.

2 & 3 are likely D. spatulata.

4 is D. rotundifolia.

Thank you Tamlin. Can the dielsiana came in two different colors? I have some from your seed and they have grown to look like the pictures I have found. They are olive with red tentacles. This is much redder, that is red tentacles on a kind of beige.

Hi Copper,

Yes, D. dielsiana presents many variations in color, size and form, almost every batch of seed produces slightly different looking plants. A very preplexing species it is!

That 3rd one looks like a C.lupus(sp) to me Lol.Nice dog is it a mutt or a pure bred? I got 2 bichon frizes (Sp).

He is a pure bred, but uncommonly large for the breed. Every once in a while the male german shorthair will be very large. Typically they are between 40 to 60 pounds. Professor tips the scale at 96 pounds right now. Destruction on four paws
wow.gif

Back