Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting sarracenia

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still waiting on an ID on it from Phil Sheridan. When I find out, I'll certainly post it so y'all can look for it.

BTW...the second pitcher you see in the background is the same plant...you can see that there is a bit less pink--lots more white. The back of that pitcher shows nicely how flat and upright the lid is.

Traphole...ya got grit! You flew in the face of convention and bucked the majority! lol Good for you to voice your disagreement. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling there's rubra in there. I have a catesbaei x rubra which has a similar shape, but without the white colouration.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

I have to agree with Sarracenia. My guess would be (leuco. x purp.)x leuco. When you raise a bunch of siblings from a hybrid like this you see a wide range of characteristics inherited from both parents. It could easily be one-of-a-kind; maybe even deserving cultivar status. Whatever it is, it is really attractive and unique!

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img] i thinkn this lil guy is cool
    there is also a quik reply at the bottom which is pretty cool
    I love nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool looking plant , i've seen something like that in a book or on the internet somehwere , probably you can check the book called " gardening with carnivoroes , sarracenia " i'm sure you might find something similar . but this plant really reminds me of sarracenia x willisi ' broad lid '

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    *steps in the door* Everybody can see alot of luecophylla in it. William, noted maybe minor in it, Alvin quoted rubra, theres been purpurea talk to. If I had to guess, it would be: (luecopylla x rubra) x (luecopylla x purpurea) x luecopylla? I see alot, i mean alot of luec in it. The broad upright lid shows parentage from purpurea, Rubra long lid, a subspecies of rubra, has an elongated lid, which could go with the lid that plant had to. Its defifnetly very complex. So theres my guess.
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123