What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which kind of nepenthes is this

• Thread starter Zort22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    nepenthes
Z

Zort22

Details of the pitcher:

nep4k.jpg

nep5k.jpg

nep6k.jpg

A total view (the plant is the big one in the left corner)
terrarium2.jpg

Zort I'm almost positive you've got a Nepenthes Coccinea (a hybrid of the species: N. ampullaria, N. mirabilis and N. rafflesiana-I'm not sure that's exactly the crossing order however) and it looks like you're growing it in very good bright light as the peristome does not darken like that unless the light is fairly high (as well as the dark perstome on the N. fusca on the right).

A nice fast plant!
smile.gif

Zort,
Offhand I would like to say that's a x 'Coccinea'

Hopefully someone more experienced can confirm that, but it looks almost exactly like mine, if not quite a bit bigger!

Great plant!
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot guys, I am pretty sure you are dead on with your x 'Coccinea'.

It certainly has alot of rafflesiana in it, sometimes the plant puts out pure rafflesiana pitchers.

And I grow it only with artifical light- a 400W whose name I dont know in english
smile.gif

Thanks again!

lol. i'm so happy. when i saw it i thought "looks like a coccinea, but i'm probably wrong"
and then it turns out to be right!!

anyway. maybe its coccinea x rafflesiana

Zort,

you do have an edit function, top right of each of your posts, there are three buttons, one of them is edit.
smile.gif

What typeo f light is that 400W? Metal Halide? High pressure Sodium?

I think Metal Halide has a 440 watt, if your using that, I would be really interested to konw what color temp your using!

ok, the German word is Natriumdampfhochdrucklampe.

"Natrium" is "Sodium" and "hochdruck" is "high pressure".

So I guess it is a high pressure sodium
smile.gif

It has a big blue part, which should be better for growth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
you do have an edit function, top right of each of your posts, there are three buttons, one of them is edit. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

DOH!

I am posotive it at least has x 'Coccinea' in it!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Wow!!!
wow.gif
I have one but yours have different shapes on the peristome. She's a beauty!
biggrin.gif

That peristome shape has me a little fuzzy. It has me wondering if you have one of the similar crosses that uses the same parent plants used to make N. x coccinea(Peter D'Amato names a bunch in his book), .

Regards,

Joe

Back