What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a d. madagascariensis?

I bought this from "CP bog" last year and was told it was a Drosera madagascariensis. I've since have repotted it a couple of times and figured it was not growing it's stalk due to all the repotting. But for the past several months I have left it alone and it seems to be doing well...but it does not look like a D.madagascariensis. It looks more like a D. nidiformis...does'nt it???

unksundew.jpg

I don't see it.

If it looks like D. nidiformis and is being called D. madagascariensis, it most likely is D. nidiformis. D. nidiformis was marketed by several nurseries for over a decade as D. madagascariensis, and was also distributed by several seedbanks. It is one of the most misidentified species going. D. magagascariensis is a stem forming species. If your plant stays at ground level is is not D. madagascariensis.

Back