What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capillaris ?

I got this plant in a trade a long time ago , i forget who i traded it with but oh well , it was labeled d. capillaris :
d_cappillaris.sized.jpg

from the oppinions i recieved in the sundew forum about the true id of the plant it is certain that it maybe d. spatulata , what do yuo think ?
here is a pic of my d. spatulata :
d_spatulata_now.sized.jpg

Hi,

As already mentioned by others, i don't think, your plant is D. capillaris as well. It might be, Drosera spatulata. Take a look at the scapes. If they are not glabrous it is not Drosera capillaris. Another distinctive feature of D. capillaris are the seeds (you should have lots of them). Seeds of D. capillaris are ovoid and have bumps. Seeds of Drosera spatulata on the other hand have some longitudinal rows. This differnce is easy to see.

Christian

P.S.: Drosera capillaris semms to be one of the most wrong labeled plants in Germany. Up to now, i have never been able to get plants or seeds of this species here in Germany. It would be great, if anyone had some seed spare to share with me!
smile.gif

Back