What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grab bag ID again

Here's another grabbag plant from the latest sale.  Any one have an idea of what it could be?  The thing that comes to mind is S. Rubra, but I don't know...

Edit: Old bad pics removed.

Any thoughts?

SF

SF, That looks like what I have been calling "Judith Hindle" Although they dont have the really deep red color that Ive seen in other pics, the ruffling of the hood and general shape of the pitcher follows with another Judith Hindle that I have (which also does not have the red top)

Steve

I was going to say S. x catesbaei but I'm going with Steve on this one due to the ruffliness and ornateness of the hood. On a catesbaei the hood would be gradually wavy and more smooth.

To me, it looks like a Judith Hindle that needs more light.

Well, it's outside now, getting 4-5 hrs direct sunlight, which I thought was enough sun.  Anyways, it's winter so the sun is too far south.

I'm actually hoping it turns out to be S. X Catesbaei. Each pitcher's hood has looked different so far, and each one is getting progressively flatter.

I have always wanted one of those pretty hybrids!

SF

Just in case this helps any, here are my two latest pictures.

S_What.jpg

S_What2.jpg

SF

Back