What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa?

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
HPIM0036.JPG

HPIM0037.JPG

Hello,
You guess was correct, a juvenille N. ventricosa. Nice plants.
Kevin

yep , its a ventricosa , nice plant , where did you get it from , it also looks like its about to fall out the pot .

I actually got it from lowes. No, it's not about to fall out of the pot, I tried tugging on it a little and it wouldn't budge. My other ventricosa is doing the same thing just not to the same degree.

I think I don't have a program installed that y'all do have that allows you to view this and some other pictures. All I get is a couple squares with a red X in it. what program am I missing?

I think the pictures have been deleted, I dont see them anymore either.

Through a tip from a co-worker about an exotic plant place in the area I now have an alternative to Lowes and Home Depot. So I visited this exotic plant place. The proprietor had numerous VFT's, D. capensis, Sarracenia, and Nepenthes that make my purchases look like jokes - particularly the NEPS. I've been told that what he has (Nepenthes & Sarracenia) are all hybrids of several species because the hybrids do better than the "pedigrees." All that is to say that identification may be hampereds by a preponderance of hybrids.

Yea, I kinda deleted them out of my webspace, and they arent there anymore, at least I got them ID'd. THanks you guys.

Jimscott,

What's the name of the exotic plant place in your area? Do they have a website?

SF

Just Noticed your post - 10 days later! It is called Mutschler's Florist & Rare Plants. It doesn't have a website. Picked up a d.capensis from them. they have huge Nepenthes - all hybrids as well as VFT's and some Sarracenias. Can't wait to see what they bring in as the seasons change.

Back