What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a hard one

I grow something similar to this.  Can't figure out what it is.  Found this picture on some Japanese website, it was listed as a Euphorbia.  I did a search on Euphorbia, but none of the pictures look like this one.  Anybody have a guess?

lactea-nisiki.jpeg

It's a euphorbia alright, but I'm not sure what kind. My guess is Euphorbia Evansii, but I'm not an expert on this subject. Euphorbias are highly variable, large group, closely related to cacti and about as, if not more, variable than cacti. Here's a pretty one growing in my neighbor's yard:

euphorbia.JPG

It is a Euphorbia! I don't know which it is, but those are some beautiful plants!

Looks like you'll have to go down to the Cactus Center again with picture in hand - I bet they'll know what it is.

some of the Pachypodiums can look similar...

Pachypodiums are my favorite plants after CP! They are amazing plants, but from a whole different family - Apocynaceae. I have grown all the 10 or so species at one happy time, sigh. Their flowers are large and bell like, and if you love plants these are worth experiencing! This one is without a doubt a Euphorbia, I would guess E. trigonia "varigata", one of the more common ornamental species. I sure wish I could grow my plants outdoors like this!

Back