What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you guess who I am?

• Thread starter Odysseus
  • Start date
I blocked out the label, and whoever guesses closest to the label wins. Well, wins nothing. But, it will be fun to see who get's it right! Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Pic_on_Front_ORANGE.jpg

I actually see 3 different plants. I'm guessing the 2 front plants are (purp x flava). There's a darker red plant in the upper left corner that I'm guessing could be a (leuco x minor), but that's more based on shape than color. I like that plant, whatever it truly is. At the far bottom left, kind of in the background, is something that looks like a (leuco x psitt), or perhaps leuco x (leuco x psitt). I have a leuco x (leuco x psitt) that closely resembles that plant, especially the younger pitchers.

Does anybody remember seeing an old Peanuts comic with Charlie Brown, Lucy,and Linus lying on the ground looking up at the sky? They were gazing at the clouds, describing what they saw. One of them said they saw the charge of the light brigade and another saw something equally impressive and esoterical. Charlie Brown stated that he was going to say that he saw puppies and kittens, but he changed his mind. I had a similar experience. I was going to say that I saw a few S. leucophilas, but after reading Sarracenia's post, I've changed my mind.

OK, it looks like it has leuco in it, maybe purpurea. And it's from bloomrite.

Therefore, the label must say it's a Cobra Lilly.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Capslock

I'm just gonna say flava because it's highly variable.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Jan. 30 2004,12:46)]OK, it looks like it has leuco in it, maybe purpurea. And it's from bloomrite.

Therefore, the label must say it's a Cobra Lilly.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
Good move Capslock.  Pretty observant.  That is a Bloomrite and it came from nurserymen's exchange.  Thus, as you supposed....it's labeled COBRA LILY!

Does anyone else find this disturbing how ignorant even nursuries can be about their plants?!?!?!  Check out the instructions for care.  
biggrin.gif
 Thanks for guessing!  

Pic_Revealed.jpg

Check out this url at the CPUK to see my feelings on the subject.

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2522&highlight=

I know how it can be , especially with cps from bloom-rite . They always do this so they can get more money cause the plant has a more interesting name that will attract customers . They also sold nepenthes with a care sheet like that giving a whole story about sarracenia and how to grow them also they were selling cps in bonsai pots with bonsai care intrustions , how ignorant .

Back