Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will Trent! It's my prettiest Sarr!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the CPUK forum, the general consensus is S. leucophylla 'Tarnok'. Does this sound(look) right to you all?

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can they say it's a Tarnok when they haven't seen the flower? Did you take a pic of the flower? Once you see the flower, its REAL easy to tell whether it is or isn't a Tarnok.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's an s.leuco 'red' - it's not red enough. Mine looked like yours for the first week or so, then turned almost completely dark pink. I'm going to guess it's the lovely regular s.leuco. I love the mix of white, green, and pink!
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,

Yes, you're right. The ID won't be totally accurate until it flowers. It will be a dead give-away if the flower is a double or 'pom-pom' like the 'Tarnok' cultivar. The pitchers do look like the photos on BobZ's site though.... plus the fact that was one of the ones PFT was selling...

It has not flowered yet, but I hope it will soon. When it does, I'll post it for a more definite idea of what it could be.

Thanks!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know , it could be an S. leucophylla 'Tarnok" , tarnoks tend to have the brown red coloring but yuo won't know for sure til it flwoers . [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look like pure S. leucophylla
    I agree with Trent..... S. leucophylla hybrid
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 20 2004,16:17)]Doesn't look like pure S. leucophylla
    I agree with Trent..... S. leucophylla hybrid
    Tony
    Nope, it's pure and it's probubly "Tarnok". Why do you think it is a hybred? Have you ever seen Schnells book? That species is really variable, and the top starts out green and turns white as it ages and in accordence to light levels [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] That and I went and looked up the list of plants found it that grab bag sale:

purpurea
    rubra
    Judith Hindle
    leucophylla Tarnok
    leucophylla (maybe or maybe not, I'm not sure on this one)
    RED leucophylla
    wrigleyana

So unless that is one very strait, tall, open pitcherd wrigleyana, it's Leucophylla Oh yah and I have plants from the same sale that I just fineshed doing a formal IDing via the measurments and all that other fun stuff on mine. The only peice of the puzzle missing is the flower, but they should all be Tarnok unless some normals got mixed in. Yah big buff double gened plant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

I admit the bulge is a little funny, but several of the red veined wild populations have this and are still consitterd by most to be pure Lecophylla, those that actually have purp ansesstory start to show it a bit more. Not to mention, if it is Tarnok that would make sence because extra DNA could have caused more funnies then just a double petalled flower.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast