What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. bisquamata?

Yeah, looks like a white form of U. bisquamata to me. I have a pot of a similar clone in my collection.

Yes, it does look like U. bisquamata but not the clone that I cultivate. Please keep me in mind for possible future trades. I grow two other forms, the typical and the Betty's Bay clone.

Thanks for the assistance. Tamlin -- I'll keep you in mind for the future.

Sorry for being picky but...this is a good example of an image that could have stood some cropping.  The photo is 300dpi...way too high a resolution for the internet (should be 72dpi).  What is an image of only 5" in width, becomes magnified to a monstrous width at a 72:300 ratio.  File size 5.3MB.  The actual flower is a small part of the photo...the blurry background has no importance to the subject matter and can be cut out greatly reducing the file size.

I'm not trying to pick on you.  
smile.gif
 But its nice to be considerate of those who don't have high-speed connections.  And there are many!  High-speed is expensive and there are many of us po' folk out here who don't have it. Any time you CAN crop or resize a photo to a more manageable size, its greatly appreciated.

Thanks...and very pretty flower!

Suzanne

If you get seeds keep me mind for a future trade. Nice form!!

PlantAKiss,

Sorry, no offense taken. This is one of the first images from a new camera, and I became aware of the problem after posting. BTW, the filesize is 332kB. I've made the picture as a link to reduce bandwidth usage.

Hmmmmmmm, wait one New York Minute here:  does this mean I CAN'T post a HUUUUGE file photo if I durn well want to, huh, huh, huh?  

Maybe I want to post a photo that will knock your socks off if you have a cable modem and are wearing socks!!!  Whatcha gonna do if I do, give me another square?  I dare the square!  I am revolting!

Maybe I am totally ignorant of those pixie thingels and dont know megabytes from vegamytes, even if I do know what buttons to push (Shloaty, ya get that one?).  Maybe I can't read the stupid Mayan Iconographs the camera instructions are printed in: lets see, is "reduce photo" icon the reversed 3/4 full hourglass, or the half black half white circle with the white triangle in it?
rock.gif
? Lets see if I have it right, I press the furthest left handed button 3 times while holding down the button on the right after selecting the icon of the little camp fire, right?

So, what I am going to do is, at high noon (NY time), if I am still awake and not yet banned, is to post the largest and most drop dead beautiful Drosera photo in my collection: you know, the one that blew up your computer that time.   The one measured in ZIGABYTES.

This photo has a self extracting holographic projection that will fill a 11 x 20 foot room, shoving articles of furniture out of the way with a force slightly less than an expanding air bag.

High noon.  The Drosera Forum.

"Yankee Doodle came to town
Ridin" on Pegasus
Put a Macro on the Screen
Twice the size of Texas........."

Crikey!!!(did I get the accent right?), that was fast, mate! Thanks for the information.

Oh, be sure to drop by at High Noon (thats here, up over, New York Daylight Savings time if you have a program that will tell you when this really is where the platypus plays pluckily on the plain) here on the Sundew Forum where I am going to post a Zigabyte sized photo to irritate the Mods (no one in particular) so they can talk about me in the Mod Forum, possibly give me another square.

"Yankee Doodle came to town
Didn't pay his taxes
He posted photo's blanket sized
No matter what dear PAK says"

Drosera Forum. High Noon.

Hi Tamlin,

Is your last post in response to my D. adelae post? Maybe you got a little mixed up? Have you had any sleep yet?
smile.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSay Wha'?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh yeah. Right you are. Pity I can't move this to the D. adelae post, but I'm not a Mod. The invite still stands though!

William. Dear.

Go ahead...taunt me! Flaunt me! It doesn't daunt me or haunt me!
tounge.gif

You got it right, buster...I'm the PHOTO POLICE!
blues.gif
One little byte over a meg and I'm gonna be on you like white on rice!

I'm watching you, Dawnstar! I've seen your NUMEROUS OVERSIZED photos.

Troublemaker....

Back