What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't think it's carnivorous, but still...

What%20are%20these.jpg

Sorry...the red things.
smile_n_32.gif
Cute little variegated leaves so far at least.

Hey,
I dont know what they are, but take out those green little plants with the stolons asap! They will take over the entire pot, and are extremely hard to remove.
Kevin

You mean those grassy looking things with the flower pods on the end? Yeah, they're everywhere and lay down tremendous roots quickly. Too late, the flowers opened a little while ago and apparantly look to have possibly set seed.
smile_n_32.gif
Not a problem though with the rest of what's in the pot. Besides, organic garden and an organic lawn, they'd be back.
smile_m_32.gif

I just tried to remove those from my pots toady and they are impossible to remove without repotting! For such small plants they sure have tons of roots!!! After removing them I burnt them.

-buckeye

mad.gif
My bog is full with that grass stuff! You gotta pull hard, and fast. OR just lift them up a bit and clip them, with some of the root. i know, they will come back, but it keeps them from choking the cps out!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
mad.gif
ripping them out hard and fast works (never pull slowly), but unfortunately it can disturb the roots... doesnt seemt o do much harm though
smile.gif

I think I figured out what it is.  It's a pearlwort (Sagina).  They're common in nurseries and in overwatered pots (Like most cp pots).  Here's some links to info about them:  Sagina 1,Sagia 2,Sagina 3, Sagina 4.

-buckeye

Back