What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera glabripes ?

Hallo,

I received the following plant in January this year. Could this be a D. glabripes?

glabripes_DROS32_001_07062004tn.jpg

higher resolution

glabripes_DROS32_004_07062004tn.jpg

higher resolution

glabripes_DROS32_003_07062004tn.jpg

higher resolution

The pictures are not that good. Maybe i will do some better soon.

regards,
Christian

LOL, do you really have to ask? Sigh. When am I going to get you to trust your considerable skills, hmmmm? You could tell much from the caulescent nature of the plant (there are but few African upright species). The stipules are very distinctive, finely divided and looooong! As I said over in the UK, there is always a chance it might be a hybrid, but from what I see, I don 't think so.

D. glabripes is not found in overly wet conditions in habitat, so I have mine in a coarse sandy mix that can approach surface dryness while staying moist deeper in the pot ...sort of like for the pygymy species that have a summer dormancy. The plant is evergrowing for me, but it is a very slow growing plant in my conditions, although not otherwise difficult. I am going to transplant into a much deeper pot soon. My plants are only half as tall as a Coke can and I have grown them for 2 years now.

They can get very long in habitat I hear, sprawling through the grasses and brush where they grow.

Hi,

Thanks, William! I got this plant with an unsure id. Somehow i had the feeling, this could be the hybrid between D. aliciae and glabripes although i'm more imclined to accept it as D. glabripes. Just thought to ask what other think
smile_m_32.gif

I'm growing this plant in my greenhouse. Since i got it, it produced 2 or 3 leafs. This plant is very slow growing for me too. I will try deeper pots soon as well.

Christian

Back