What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple flower ping

Can someone help me find out what specie this Mexican ping is?
P6090089.jpg

If you need a clearer pic tell me...

WOW!!! Lovely butterwort! Hmmmm.......im dont really know what this is, it could be a hybrid. If it is a hybrid, one of its parents COULD be P.agnata, but im not sure.

cool idea with the jar
biggrin.gif

idk what it is, sry im a ping newb, worse than other CP...
moranensis perhaps?
Hellz

Dont moranensis usually have pink/ light purple flowers? However, the flower shape resembeles P. moranensis "G".

Whoops, meant light violet, not light purple!

Could you post a better pic? The plants you think might be it: The leaves look a bit short and fat compared to the leaves of your plant.

Hmmmmm....... I will try my best to identify that. I have never seen a plant like that. And I mean that in a good way! Your plant is lovely! It COULD be a type of P.moranensis, since the flower structure and the leaves resemble P. moranensis(not sure how you spell it)

Looks like P.'Gina' a cross between agnata and zecheri

I just did a search on P. x Gina. It could be an unusual form of P x Gina(the flowers and leaves look different to the unknown plant) However, there is some rsemblence.

The leaves of P x Gina are too short to be the leaves of the unknown plant.
This could be a cross with P x Gina with something else.
Maybe its P. x Gina x moranensis? If it is, it would explain why the plant looks similar to P. moranensis and P. x Gina.

Man, those pings, along with sethos and the two that star with an "e" all look alike to me.

thanks, I think it's a gina now because of the flower but i guess it could be something else.

Starman,
You really cannot rely on leaves to identify the plant in the pic. The leaves of 'Gina' looks similar to moranensis as one of the parent is zecheri, which has leaves that are very similar to moranensis. Flowers are the best bet.

Where did you get it?
My first thought, from the flower, is that it's a P x 'Titan'.

joe

I am inclined to agree with CP2k that it is 'Gina' it is a spitting image of the ABG specimine

Joe, I got it at California Carnivores around five years ago or so.

Back