Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarr somthing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

help me with this plant, dad got it 4 me as a present [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/collection/cobralilly.jpg[/img]
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scarlett belle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a S. x wrigleyana
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be one of 2 "cobra lily" (sarracenia) offered at a certain grocery store at the moment, along with several neps. I bought the other one, which I think may be a Judith Hindle but haven't looked real close yet. All plants are from a wholesale grower in northern CA. and come in a tin bucket for a decent price. (Sorry, not sure if it's ok to mention names on the board).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't even notice that cobra lily tag when i first saw the pic. i just have to laugh. i just can't believe a horticultural company would be that out of touch with reality, or to not even do a little bit of research. At least with Darlingtonia, they actually resemble a cobra, but Sarracenia...I just don't see it. I guess it's probably a little marketing strategy.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Psittacina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ July 24 2004,8:53)]i didn't even notice that cobra lily tag when i first saw the pic. i just have to laugh. i just can't believe a horticultural company would be that out of touch with reality, or to not even do a little bit of research. At least with Darlingtonia, they actually resemble a cobra, but Sarracenia...I just don't see it. I guess it's probably a little marketing strategy.
    I tried to explain to the clerk it wasn't a cobra lily - it was a sarracenia. He then asked what a cobra lily was, I told him it was a darlingtonia. He then held up a nepenthes and asked what it was, I told him the tag on it was pretty close - it said "pitcher plant". The grower of these is one of the largest in the US, guess it's just another "product".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia x wrigleyana.

Ries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast