User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Id my dewy!

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rawr! help
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's most likely D. spatulata, although there is no way for me to really tell more without a seed photo or a photo of the flower buds/scape. I can tell more from these features than from the rosette.

D. capillaris seed is fine seed, but I have also seen D.spatulata that was equally as fine depending on the variety. The difference is in the testa details: D. spatulata has rows reminiscent of a corn cob, D. capillaris has a raised testa giving the seed a smallley look.

The lack of hairs on the base of the flower scape could imply D. capillaris, but this feature varies widely even within the D. spatulata complex.

So for now, my money is on D. spatulata.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow you know doseras as if they were your siblings! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks a lot Tamlin for the details.

Jason

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx for the detailed decriptions tamlin and thx for the IDing ever1

here is the flower and seeds

A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah, 5 petals, let me see, hmmm...what does that mean again? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Sarr. is in the background? It looks like the ones I brought home last November from Home Depot's 50 cent rack. Mine I thought were rubra (then), but after spending a few months outside, I think it is a leucophylla.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is D. spatulata by the flower.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh! thx Tamlin! is it a typical spatulata?
    jimscott i got it from triffid park, i think it's a leucophylla too, im trying out sarrs here in singapore, i hope they do well [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast