What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oblanceolata or spatulata

20047189111815.jpg

2004725141919700.jpg

2004725141959346.jpg

2004725142026289.jpg

could someone tell me what they are?

thanks!

rex

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Rex,
Is this another Drosera you have growing locally?</span>

yes,few years ago,at a little corner of sunset peak.
it has 6 petal,different from oblanceolata!

rex

Hi,

This plant looks like Drosera oblanceolata to me.

Does it always have 6 petals?

Christian

Yes,all of the single plant has 6 petals.
I have grown oblanceolata with pale pink flower,they are similar but not all the same.

rex

Yes, I would agree that this is D. oblanceolata although I have never heard of a white flowered form it does not surprise me that you have found one. It may be that the flowers have not gotten their full color. I would discount the possibility of hybridization in habitat due to the fact that there are no white flowered D. spatulata forms present on Sunset Peak that I am aware of. The 6 petaled flower is interesting.....such abberant flowers can indicate hybridization but not in this case I think.

Are there any drosera's petals has this characters?i mean same species but different number of petals,strange to me:D

rex

Rex,

Although hexamerous flowers appear from time to time within any given Drosera species, it is not a common event, and no species has a typically 6 petaled flower that I am aware of. Drosera are typically pentamerous (with 5 petals), the only real exception I know of being D. pygmaea which typically produces 4 petals per flower (but even this is variable).

Beautiful plant! Appears to be a oblanceolata. Is this the seed you sent? Wonderful plant. Also, I thank you for those here that will receive from my next give away. The seed for the spat has porduced MANY young.

copper,the seeds I sent was not from oblanceolata with 6 petals form,when the seeds come i will send you some.your seeds arrived few weeks ago,many thanks!
I am planning to go to sunset peak next month may be,i hope to take photos of oblanceolata flowers with 6 pitals in the wild if lucky  
laugh.gif

rex

Back