What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong id?

It's not N. x coccinea that I can tell you for sure. What it is, better ask someone else.

It seems to be a bit pale, propably lack of light. Not much coloration to help id.

There are a few spots inside the peristome, which seems to suggest it might be completely spotted in good light. Peristome seems to be bright red. These are lower pitchers btw.

Am I completely off in guessing it might be a maxima? Or at least a hybrid of maxima? The leaf shape seems to fit this also?

I don't have a maxima so I have to resort to the various photos on the net for figuring this out. Would be cool to send the gardens an email: Did You know that your N. x coccinea isn't actually a N. x coccinea but...

Hello,
Definitely not coccinea. Those are all upper traps in the pictures, by the way. From what is visible, it could be any number of maxima-mixta type hybrids. Mixta uppers are normally pretty large, and many maxima clones produce green, smaller pitchers, so it could be a hybrid of maxima x Mixta
confused.gif
but that's guessing. Just call it "maxima hybrid" and you should be fairly safe.

Trent

Oops. Upper pitchers ofcourse.

Where are the lower pitchers?
confused.gif
Could we please see a pic of them too?
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Back