What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id this nep. came with alata and tobica labels

This Nepenthes came with 2 labels one said alata and second said tobica.
What you think (I had an Idea but like to be sure)
39386331.jpg

39386412.jpg

Thanks
Arie

It looks like it may be N. x 'Emmarene'. Have fun growing it!

Amori

I would think its the hybrid N. x 'Emmarene', too. Plants from dutch tc nurseries with N. tobaica labels are always this plant and yours look like that exactly.

The alata label was from a N. x ventrata, they are all mislabeled,too. The nurseries just do not care, most buyers are total beginners and don't recognize it too.

Jan

The problem with this plant that is labled N. toabaica, is that you would think the seed had to come from a N. tobaica for this problem to have occured. Some of us speculate it is possibly tobaica x ventricosa, as a result. Otherwise it does look like a Emmarene, doesn't it?

confused.gif

Cheers,

Joe

I would not call it N. Emmarene..

It looks like the Deroosa plant and their tradition is to use the female parent name on the label. I am guessing it is something like N. tobaica x (Emmarene)

Tony

yeap thats a --oosa plant (-- so as not to post competitive company sites to PFT)

N. tobaica x (Emmarene) hits the spot for me

-Spec

I plan on emailing the company and asking them the parentage of their "tobaica"... ill update you with the responces

You will get no response, maybe a polite, "sorry, but the origins of our selected plants is proprietary information."
I have an "inside source" in the tissue culturing business who informed me some time ago that the company names the plant after the seed bearer.

Trent

Back