What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old nep, first pitchers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Umm ok I am confused... Seems like your arguing with me that it is a N. ventricosa when you in fact previously stated it looked like N. Judith Finn.
no I'm not saying wesley's plant looks like ventricosa, I think it was TheAlphaWolf who said that. Heres his post...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]hmmm... my "N. ventricosa" from lowes looked exactly like that. I guess it wasn't N. ventricosa after all.
I never said that his plant is a ventricosa, all I said is that young ventricosa's have wings. I posted the pic to show the difference between ventricosa pitchers and judith finn pitchers, which is what wesley's plant looks like. Which my plant ( not the ventricosa) looks like.
I posted the plant pics to show the difference in leaf shape between judith finn and ventricosa.
I totally agree with you that wesley's plant looks like a judith finn.

AHH I see why I got confused. You had posted here's Wesley's plant and then stated and here's mine that looks identical. Unfortunately your N. Judith Finn picture is not loading so I saw the N. ventricosa.

Thanks for clarifying.

T

yeah, i took that differently too as the pic didn't load.

it's definitely a x 'judith finn' for sure.

tony mentioned something a lot of people overlook, nepenthes ventricosa's mouth shape in comparision to the pitcher pictured. this pitcher has a classic slant mouth that reclines while ventricosa is most commonly known for it's basically horizontal mouth.

that alone settles the possibility of it being ventricosa, not to mention the leaf shape which everyone should've noticed right off the bat, but it took me my first post in my thread to notice that some of the leaves of his plant rounds off.

yes ventricosa have wings as juveniles but this plant is past the juvenile stage for ventricosa. if this was a ventricosa, it would be wingless with red tendrils and colored pitchers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] not to mention the leaf shape which everyone should've noticed right off the bat, but it took me my first post in my thread to notice that some of the leaves of his plant rounds off.

You may have been looking at the new leaves that were immerging. They tend to start sorta round, and then "flatten" of as the mature. I knew it wasn't a ventricosa(I have two and it looked notheing like either one of them) but there are so many other possibilities. Anyway thanks for all the help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Oct. 19 2004,6:36)]there are so many other possibilities.  
Actually the number of possibilties is significantly reduced because there are only a few companies that mass produce plants for the 'pot plant' market. The different types available via these companies is fairly well known.

Out of the range of possibilities from the various companies, N. Judith Finn is the most likely.

Tony

True, now that you think about, about the only neps that are massed marketed are judith finn, alata, and ventricosa... well, there are a few others.

Make that ventrata Wes:;): I don`t think true alatas are sold in the mass market.:(

Back