Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB I would think they put them in the cubes as a mini greenhouse and to protect them getting
    poked and prodded by curious fingers, or it's probably just the way the nursery markets it's products.
    I've had good luck with plants from them as well as the terracotta and green ones. As a matter of fact,
    the N x Judith Finn and the ventricosa that I sent you both came from the cubes and the other neps
    came in the plastic pots.

I'm open for suggestions for a potting mix and type of pot to use. I have everything I need to make the recipe for D'Amato's mix so I'll probably use his unless I can find a better one.
    Is a deep or shallow pot better?

KCC, from researching the internet I've seen quiet a few photos of P. sethos that resemble my plant. I've also seen same for P. agnata, rectifolia, and moranensis. Considering it's origin it is probably a hybrid but that's fine with me.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Oct. 19 2004,7:28)]It's not moranensis. Probably P x sethos, P x weser or something similar.
    I have Weser and it doesnt really resemble the leaves.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those plastic cubes look like attractive mini-terraria. Ultimately, they are impractical for little things like AIR CIRCULATION, but they are good for temporarily shocked plants and seed germination.

You will find that people vary somewhat in their media mix. Mr. D'Amato isn't the end all, but he is certainly excellent for those who new and intermediate hobbyists, who need SOME direction. Personally, I like to mix sand & peat and then topdress with LFS (long fiber sphagnum). Ya can't go TOO wrong with that. Just make sure you wash and rinse all media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott, I agree that D'Amato isn't the end all for info but it is always a good starting point and reference. But from my internet searches about Mexipings, most say that they like a more airy and looser soil. And yes, I always wash all cp planting ingredients well before using. I then save all the leftover water (distilled$ or rain) and give it to the ferns, gardenias, and other acid loving plants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12