Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S. alabamensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

This is S. alabamensis alright. We got all sorts of really pretty color variations in the seedlings, and I'm glad to see yours is maintaining the color. It is well within the variation of some of the plants that came up. If you look at the colorful seedlings that were visible in the various CPN articles about the program, you'll see the great colors the plant shows.

Remember, by the way, that those S. alabamensis seeds that were used in the ICPS distribution program came from pure stands of S. alabamensis---no other species were at the sites, so there was no chance for hybridization with something else.

Later!

Barry
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey I couldn't help but ask did you say you purchased them? I thought you werent aloud to purchase them, maybe You're aloud to within the state?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirk, The ICPS got special permission to do the program. So yes, they charged. When we get all the ESA species we can, legally, they will be available free. You just pay the freight. AL001, AL002, and AL003. Barry, thanks for your input.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CITES and the ESA are frequently confused and unfortunately misunderstood. The "I" in CITES refers to International regarding commerse between countries. The ESA on the other hand prohibits the sale or trade of endangered species across state lines, although you may give them away, ie "FREE", plants assuming you receive no compensation aside from perhaps shipping charges to someone in another state. The laws however allow the buying of selling of alabamensis, jonesii, and oreophila within state lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The charge was for shipping I believe.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm thanks for your input, you don't know how lucky you are to live in california where there are so many cp growers
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12