Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help me id my nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not the humidity it's the heat(that usually is said the other way around). Is it the heat that would cause that? Of course, N. sanguinea should be suffering before the ventricosa plant. Both hardier than a lot of other plants that bear the title highland or intermediate.
    I have no idea why the lids are like that. It obviously is or has ventricosa in it. It really threw me for a loop when I saw the lids.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I'm thinking it might be a mutation. I saw a ventrata (I think it was on the CPUK forum) that only put out lidless pitchers no matter what the conditions. Maybe this is similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope I do not think so. It is definatly ventracosa. Of some sort I have on just like it from Black Jungle Terrarium and CP supply. The lids start the clse when the pitchers get old or are just opening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello to everyone

Lets say that ok, it is a Ventricosa... Well, my Ventricosas, all of them, have the same droopy and wide lids, all of them. And I have 4 and each one of them was pruchased in different parts of the world. And they always have those droopy/wide lids, when young, when old, anytime. So it kind of believe that it is an enviromental condition that is making them to produce those lids.

Maybe the rain that fall here is too much and the humidity is too hight and then they have create a way to protect their pitchers from flooding. I do not know if thatis possible or correct, but tha is what I have concluded with all the info that you guys have givent to me here.

Maybe you can tel me what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, didn't know it was more than one plant. Definitely environmental.

I know a plant has to kind of "harden" off in areas of low humidity... I wonder if they can get too "soft" in areas of very high humidity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening! Yes, it is the same way that look all my ventricosas, so I vote for the envoronment. But i guess this is only a matterof look, right? I mean, it is not a problem that can kill my plants... Or can it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it cannot kill them. They will be fine maybe too much humidity. But like I said old and new pitchers will have "closed" lids. If you move the plant around a lot or even just a little many of the pic=tchers will die or close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everybody that helped me in finding the name of my Nepenthes. All of you ahve been so kind!

Muchas gracias!!![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123