What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this that grows with my cp?

Hello again! I am asking to my self since my 1st Carnivorous Plant arrived to my hands what is this plant that grows every where I have CP. I do not know if it is another form of CP, or if it is a mere weed, or maybe something that like sphagnum moss. I really do not know what it is. All I know is that it grows wherever sphagnum moss or CP is.

Can anyone tell me what it is? Here is the pic:
CPWEED.jpg

I forgot to mention that I use sphagnum moss with my Bonsais also, but the ??"weed"?? seems that do not like the bonsai, it only grows where are CP.

Thanx!!!

¡Ya sácala de ahí! Es una hierba malísima. Los raices se ramifican y si la dejas crecer puede dañar a los raices de tus plantas carnívoras cuando la jalas (a la hierba).
smile.gif

Shokuchuu, do you know the name, the genus or common name? i ask youthis to knowhow to exterminate them form my CP's. They are everywhere!
confused.gif

It's a type of rush, and the seeds are contained within the sphagnum. Like I said earlier, as soon as you see them, pull them out. That's the least harmful/non-chemical way to get rid of these weeds. It can take some time to do, but it's definitely worth the effort.

Muchiiiiiisimas gracias Shokuchuu. I will take them way from my pots. yo estaba esperando que fuera una planta exotica, no una mala hierba.
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks...

Je ne comprend pas. Parle en francais sil vous plait. Peut etre je comprendrai ce!

WTF?

Anyway, i have a few of those growing in with my neps (and onw with D. dichotoma), and i like them there as companion plants, i think it gives the pot a "fuller" look. If it becomes a problem, then i uproot it.

What I said in Spanish: that's it's better to uproot them before they get too big because the roots can tangle up with the CPs'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a LAS raices :p

I knew I was right the first time, darn little brother claiming he's better at Spanish than me!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Hello guys! thank you for speaking in my language {Spanish} "Veo que varios lo hablan, y para mi entender muy bien" Shokuchuu, your Spanish is good, where di you learned?

I was wondering if we can use another languages, beside English here. Is it possible?

Nepenthes gracilis: "Est que ce possible que nous pouvons parler ici Espagnol, Francaise, ou otres langues?"

And thank you for the info about the weed. I think it looks good with the plants, but if it is causing more problems than a good aesthetic look, I should better take them away;-)

I think we better stick to English, after all, PFT is US-based!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Shokuchuu, your Spanish is good, where did you learned?

I learned my Spanish during my 3-year stay en la ciudad de Mexico. That and I already spoke French so it was easy to learn.

Rushes don't do harm if you leave them alone. It's just when they start to grow into monsters that they can take over the container. Bythat time, I'd recommend trimming the plant down as low as possible so it won't regenerate.

Ok... So I can leave them there and when I see that they are growing to much I shoukld cut them at surface level? They are very small, none of them have excided 2 inches. So once I see them grow more than my CP I should cut them.

I think they look great, they give this "wild and natural look" that I love so much. I did not think in cut them, but this seems to be beter. Shokuchuu, what do you sugest, should I keep my eyes on them and never let them grow bigger than a couple of inches, or should I take them away?

I am between aesthetic and health???

Here's a big rule I forgot to mention earlier: If the rushes are growing in LFS with a delicate CP, you'll find them increasigly hard to pull out without damaging the plant you are actually growing. I've had no problem pulling them out when growing in a more peaty-sand mix however.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Je ne comprend pas. Parle en francais sil vous plait. Peut etre je comprendrai ce!
je parle le espagnol mais ma ... spelling... est ... horrible...
et je comprende un peut de francais mais je ne le parle pas.
lol.. i need to practice.

Back