What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this

• Thread starter CNCreefer
  • Start date
wazzup!!
I was in Lowes a few days ago buying a sheet of plexiglass for my greenhouse. On the way out I spotted some CP's in the garden center. I got 2 sundews.
One is D. adelae, the other is this one.
unknown%20drosera%201%20rs.JPG

Here's another pic showing a seed stalk and a flower stalk.
unknown%20drosera%202%20rs.JPG

Anyone know what it is?

Yes. It is a sundew that is not getting enough light.

That's the way it was when I got it. It gets plenty of light now
smile.gif

Let there be light!  Post a pic of it after a month under some good lighting and you'll be able to identify it no problem.
smile.gif
  The way it looks right now reminds me of D. aliciae x capensis (one of my favourite Drosera hybrids).

Wish I had one. Yes it is qyite difficult to ID

Hey, for once I'm going to have to disagree with the spatulata assessment! It just doesn't have the spatula shape and the stem is too wide.

oh come on! I am the only one who sees it?
confused.gif

It looks like a spatulata with insufficient light.

http://www.fleischfressendepflanzen.de/img.ffp?action=thumbnail&img=db/Drosera_spatulata/Drosera

I'm going to agree with Christian- D. aliciae.

I don't think it's either spatulata or aliciae
heres my D. aliciae
D.%20aliciae1rs.JPG

heres my D. spatulata
D.%20spatulata1rs.JPG

This plant doesn't look like either one.
shokuchuu saying it looks like D. capensis x aliciae might be right, it does look like it might have capensis in it.

Both Christian and Seandew are very experienced growers.
I would listen to them. Anyway D. aliciae was my first guess,too.

Cheers,
Jan

Hi,

If Drosera are grown under too little light, they can become very atypical. The plant in the first picture do look different to what i know as D. aliciae, but i think it is because they are etiolated. Wait another month or two and post one more picture. I'm sure, they will look more like Drosera aliciae the more light they get. If not, we can start this discussion from the beginning
smile_m_32.gif

Here is a picture from my plants.

aliciae_DROS46_017.jpg

Drosera aliciae

I too agree it looks like a rather etiolated D.alicae.

OK I'll take your word for it and let it grow in the sun by the window. In a month I'll post another pic.
It is in a small greenhouse in front of an east facing window that, right now, gets about 5 hours direct sun and then bright shade for the rest of the day. Every plant in there seems to like it.

Back