What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 drosera need identification

Hello,

These two plants look remarkably similar, but are supposed to be different. I got them in a trade awhile back. They look like D. spats<span style='color:red'>[Edit: I assume this is actually meant to be Drosera spatulata. There is no species I am presently aware of with this name.]</span> to me.
confused.gif

plantinquestion1.jpg

plantinquestion2.jpg

thanks,

Homer

Either that of capillaris<span style='color:red'>[Edit: I assume this is actually meant to be Drosera capillaris. There is no species without a genus.]</span> but my bet is spat<span style='color:red'>[Edit: I assume this is actually meant to be Drosera spatulata. There is no species without a genus, and I am not familiar with any species using a specific epithet of "spat".]</span>.

spatulata<span style='color:red'>[Edit: I assume this is actually; Drosera spatulata. There is no species without a genus.]</span>
smile.gif

They do look the same, don't they? What were they supposed to be?

Cheers,

Joe

The bottom one sure looks like Drosera capillaris and the top one looks like Drosera spatulata, but I would say that 100% positive identification will have to wait for both to flower. And what the heck is a "spat"? Please, I know it is "cute" to abbreviate, but please, not our precious CP names.
smile_h_32.gif

Back