What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera

I got this dorsera from a friend and it came with a label "D. adelae"  It sure doesn't look like one.  It is a young plant, so I'm not really sure.  Does anyone know if this is actually a D. adelae, or is it another type?
DSC05466.JPG

DSC05468.JPG

It is, give it some time to mature.

-Jc

Looks like young D. adelae plants to me also. The plant in the bottom left corner looks like its leaves are beginning to get the long, narrow form of what you expect to see on D. adelae.

I agree, it does not look like a Drosera adelae plant. It looks like many Drosera adelae plants.
biggrin.gif

The one in the foreground is a D. adelae, but the other 2 look more like D. schizandra. Just was curious about this?

Frogger, they are immature d. adelae<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Drosera adelae, genus names are always capitalized, even when abbreviated.]</span>. Trust us. They will be like any other d. adelae<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Drosera adelae, genus names are always capitalized, even when abbreviated.]</span> really soon.

Thank you all for your input!

Yikes! Hard to identify with the quality pic, but i can safely say it's adelae<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Drosera adelae]</span> or schizandra <span style='color:red'>[Edit: Drosera schizandra]</span>.

They are immature D. adelae, probably pups from roots that reached the surface. It is remarkable how closely the immature form of D. adelae mimics D. schizandra.

wasn't D. adelae once considered a form of schizandra?

or visca versa?

Could well be...both look the same, come from the same place and sensitive as anything...
smile_m_32.gif

Back