Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disaster!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's right, disaster has struck my collection. I thought the 50 pound puppy would be damaging to my plants, but she was nothing compared to my 3 year old son. One afternoon this winter he decided he liked the neat little plant tags that I so painstakingly have kept with each plant through a 2000 mile move. So now I have many plants with no idea what they are. I still have most of the tags but I cannot match them up with the correct plants.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I will post pics as I get them of pitchers and flowers. most of these are sarr hybrids.

The first:
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/cp30/unknown%20RS.JPG[/img]

The second:
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/cp30/unknwn%20hybrid%20RS.JPG[/img]

The third - a flava(maxima?):
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/cp30/spring%20flava%20flower%20RS.JPG[/img]

Thanks for your help!
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY SMOKES! are all of those flowers in the last picture real? :P
    WHOA that's a lot of flowers!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd is flava var. rugelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first is 'Ladies in Waiting'.

The third looks more like flava x alata. The flower petals are the wrong shape and color for pure flava I think.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to disagree with the great old Alvin Meister on this one. pure flava to me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As previously stated:

The first is a S. 'Ladies in Waiting'

second looks like S. 'Mardi Gras'

and third is a bit of a wash: flava var. rugelli- The developing throat splotch in the mouth is a dead giveaway, but, and this is a but, the flower petal shape is not straplike like in typical flava. That's not to say that it isn't a pure form-- there is great variability in any population.

You mentioned your son removed the ID labels. Do you still have them in your possession. If you do, process of elimination will help fill in the questionable blanks.

Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'd agree that the last is flava then [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Never seen so many flowers for this species though, and the petals are a little different.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You mentioned your son removed the ID labels. Do you still have them in your possession. If you do, process of elimination will help fill in the questionable blanks.
    I do indeed have all (I believe and hope).

Thanks for the IDs on the first 2, I will relabel them more securely (or secretly).The third I thought was a flava, I did not puchase as a variety, but I thought I would check anyways (and show off the flowers, too). The plant came from Courting Frogs in Washington and was sold as a flava. I will post more pics as the flowers develop, I still have 7 tags, and a few more may have been moved.....
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast