What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disaster continued

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
OK, Thanks to all for the help with the last 3
Here are 6 more for the experts:

1) a filiformis ssp. tracyii or filiformis? (I have purchsed tracyi, filiformis, and Florida Giant)
filiformis%20RS.JPG

2)  another mardis gras? no flowers yet!
Mardis%20Gras%202.JPG

3)  a purpurea ssp venosa? burkei?
red%20purp%20RS.JPG

4)  a flava, is it rugelli?
rugelli%202%20RS.JPG

5)  I couldn't wait for the pitchers or flowers to mature:
unknown3%20RS.JPG

6)  And, finally (for now) what form is this?
flytrap%20sawtooth%20RS.JPG
Disaster!Disaster

1 = filiformis ssp filiformis. traycii had green glands yours are red.

2 = I don't know

3 = rosea (or S. purp, ssp venosa var burkei if you prefer.)

4 = I think the pic is wrong

5 = don't know

6 = VFT dentate

1) D. filiformis ssp. filiformis but it could be 'Florida Giant' I don't know b/c this is my first year with this plant
3) S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii
4) S. flava var. rugelli

2. I would say it was a "Judith Hindle" before I would a "Mardi Gras"

kahnli, You are correct, #2 is S. 'Judith Hindle'

3. S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii

4. S. flava var. rugelli

5. Is a hybrid. Looks like a x catesbaei (flava x purpurea). Post pics when they open for a better ID.

Your S. flava var. rugelli has a very large ala.....giving it enough light?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ April 20 2005,7:01)]Your S. flava var. rugelli has a very large ala.....giving it enough light?
These pitchers are only about 3 weeks old, they get full sun from @ noon until sunset. I hope that is enough. (BTW what are ala?)

Thanks for the IDs! With #2 I have a tag for Ladies In Waiting that is not matched to a plant yet, but this appears closer to a Mardi Gras that was ID'd on my last thread. I had not thought Judith Hindle, what color are the flowers for each of the 3?

Do burkii flowers vary - these do not look like the ones in Savage Garden?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]4 = I think the pic is wrong
Yes, the pic was wrong, should be correct now....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do burkii flowers vary - these do not look like the ones in Savage Garden?

Yes - they can vary between white and the pink in the photo. Great coloration in the pitchers
smile.gif

Talk about your dark red! The S. rosea (or whatever, lol) pitchers are colored fantastically! I would say you have no light issues at all.

Cheers,

Joe

first off, let me say your plants are amazing! And even without a 100% ID they are extremely nice

1-I am leaining toward D. filiformis, spp. filiformis however I am no dew expert

2-I would say S. 'Judith Hindle', however I have no experience with S. 'Mardi Gras'

3-Those are definately the flowers of an S. 'Rosea' (formerly S, purpure spp. Burkeii)

4- The column leads me to believe it is an S. flava var. Rugelii

5- I have no idea if you have ever done any trading with Phil Faulisi I would say that is oe of his famous hybrids.

6- Definately a low to the ground D. muscipula 'Dentate'

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]S. 'Rosea' (formerly S, purpure spp. Burkeii)

Still S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii in my book (and Donald Schnell's - literally). C'mon - there's more difference between purp ssp. purp and ssp. venosa than between venosa and burkii. New species? I don't think so.

Just my two cents.

Alvin you are dead on the mark. Still S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii.
Just FYI everyone it is spelled burkii not burkeii or burkei.

Back